Calcium chlorideanhydrous is a white cubic crystal or powder with strong hygroscopicity, a relative density of 2.15, a melting point of 775 ° C, and a boiling point of 1935.5 ° C. Soluble in water and ethanol. Desiccant for various substances, in addition to road dust, soil improver, refrigerant. Used in chemical reagents, pharmaceutical raw materials, food additives, feed additives and raw materials for the manufacture of metal calcium. Also used as dehydrating agent, upper paddle, water purifying agent.
Anhydrous calcium chloride has no odor and is slightly hygroscopic. It is extremely hygroscopic. It is easily deliquescent when exposed to air. It is easily soluble in water and emits a lot of heat. It is soluble in alcohol, acetone and acetic acid.
1. When electrolyzing sodium chloride aqueous solution, hydrogen and chlorine gas are generated. Chlorine gas is widely used in chemical industry and can be used for synthesizing polyvinyl chloride, insecticide, hydrochloric acid and the like.
2. When sodium is prepared by the method of sodium sulphate: metal sodium is prepared by electrolytically melting a mixture of sodium chloride and calcium chloride. Calcium chloride is used as a flux to lower the melting point of sodium chloride below 700 °C. Calcium is less soluble than sodium and does not introduce impurities.
3. Sodium chloride is essential for many biological reactions. For example, various solution formulations in molecular biology experiments contain sodium chloride, and bacterial culture medium mostly contains sodium chloride. It is also the raw material for the preparation of soda ash by the ammonia-alkali process.
4. Inorganic and organic industries are used as raw materials for caustic soda, chlorate, hypochlorite, bleaching powder, refrigerant for refrigeration systems, organic synthesis materials and salting-out agents. The steel industry is used as a heat treatment agent. The high-temperature heat source is combined with potassium chloride, barium chloride, etc. to form a salt bath, which can be used as a heating medium to maintain the temperature between 820 and 960 °C. In addition, it is also used in glass, dye, metallurgical and other industries.
5. Analytical reagents are used as microanalytical reagents for fluorine and silicate.
The food industry and fisheries are used for salting and can also be used as raw materials for seasonings and as refined salt.
Adding salt to cooking dishes can remove some of the odor of the raw materials and increase the deliciousness. This is the refreshing effect of salt. "Light and tasteless, salty and tasteless" means that the salt should be appropriate to play its unique function.